1. The square footage underneath Simone Biles at any point during her tumbling passes.
2. The distance between Katie Ledecky and her closest competitor.
3. The cavernous ditch carved out by all the added-up slides and scuffs in a single volleyball set.
4. The space occupied by all of Michael Phelps’s medals.
5. The distance Usain Bolt can run in half a second.
6. The point difference between the USA basketball teams and any other team in any game.
7. The mileage every sob story gets in prime time.
8. The gap between what NBC thinks we are interested in watching and what we are actually interested in watching.
9. Aly Raisman’s heart.
10. The weird amount of unexpected patriotism found tucked away in a back corner of my emotions.