Welcome to Excuse the Bananas’ Back-to-School Extravaganza!
As you wade your sun-kissed, vacation-blessed soul into the weary waters of the academic year, take this life preserving toolkit with you. Lesson planning, workplace anxiety, or your lack of a social life may be weighing you down, but we are here to keep you afloat.
This post will be updated throughout our Back-to-School Week as we post new educational hilarities, so check back here or on Facebook for more. And share the love — send this to a teacher!
Get a head start on escaping the quicksand of stress that will define the next 180 days.
- Poetry (for technology trolls)
- Math (for those allergic to numbers)
- Reading (for literal cockroaches)
- Rubrics (for if you just can’t get enough of grading)
- College Apps (for the imposter-syndrome-ridden seniors) [NEW!]
Navigate your school, new or old, with these savvy strategies.
- Prioritize self-care while still achieving high productivity!
- Technology is the worst. Don’t let it get the best of you.
- Don’t be intimidated by veteran staff. [NEW!]
- Build great relationships with your coworkers …
- … Even if they’re drastically different than you and a little weird. [NEW!]
Tune into students’ interests with some of these hot new releases and classic faves.
- Harry Potter and the Cupboard of Solitude
- The Chronicles of Nervousness
- Ignore the Mouse, Keep the Cookie
Current Events in Education
Stay up to date with trends and breaking news.
- Innovative School Shortens Class Periods To 9.5 Minutes
- Achievement Gap Widened By Lazy Copy Machine
- Art Teacher Pressured To Teach Only Test Bubbling Skills
- Class Sits In Silence For Entire Period Because That One Student Who Always Talks Is Absent [NEW!]
Teaching is overwhelming. Don’t forget about YOU!
- Feel like you’re stuck in a library all the time and need to get out more?
- Break up the routine with some adventure in your life!
- Tired of those quick lunch breaks and sad dinners alone with no one but your grading to keep you company?
- Don’t be afraid to make new friends.
- Reach out to people you don’t know very well (yet!). [NEW!]